Вход в биллинг - Billing entrance - www.CardsharingServer.com

English forum section

Автор Тема: KeepAlive requests  (Прочитано 5517 раз)

pimpf1

• Пользователь
KeepAlive requests
« : 13 Декабря 2014, 16:42:52 »
I got this message in my statictics:

"Your receiver is sending too many KeepAlive requests to the server. Change the parameter responsible for frequency of KeepAlive requests to be sent to the server in the emulator settings. Recommended value - once per 300 seconds. If mgcamd emulator is used, change (or add) CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 parameter in newcamd.list file Violation of rule No.7"

I do not think I have such options in my receiver (Opticum x406p). What should i do to avoid problems?
VIP Poland, Openbox V8S

suma

• Главный помощник Moderatora
  • Ветеран
  • Keep trying!
Re: KeepAlive requests
« Ответ #1 : 13 Декабря 2014, 17:35:27 »
Nobody knows which emulator is used in your receiver. If there is no emulator, only newcamd and you just add your login, password, server name etc. manually, then try to upgrade your firmware. If you fail, change receiver.
VU+Zero. 13E, 82.5E, 56E, Vip All, OpenPLI 6.0 image, OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn. ALL POSTS WITHOUT SIGNATURE AND LOG-FILE will be ignored and deleted!1.mg_cfg here http://www.cardsharing.cc/index.php?topic=23717.msg58140#msg58140
2. ignore-priority.lists here http://www.cardsharing.cc/index.php?topic

pimpf1

• Пользователь
« Ответ #2 : 13 Декабря 2014, 17:49:38 »
Thank you suma for your prompt responce.
That is correct, there is no emulator, only newcamd and I just add my login, password, server name etc. manually.
I have been using the service for a year now (same receiver, same firmware), with no problems. Are the current problems a recent developement, or is it something that has always been there, only came to attention just now?
Thanks.
VIP Poland, Openbox V8S

suma

• Ветеран
  • Keep trying!
« Ответ #3 : 13 Декабря 2014, 19:00:50 »
You see that there is a lot of users on our server who uses a lot of receivers. All of them are different with different firmware and different settings. Of course, we would like to be more universal for everybody, but we don't want the most of the users to suffer from errors of any particular user.
It's the same as a network: one general stream for everybody. Transmission if good if all users have adjusted equipment in the network, but if one user in the network has problems, all the rest are suffering, and the quality of transmission becomes poor. Something like that.
We specially introduced this error notification system for you (all users) to let you know - what are your errors and we give some recommendations how to eliminate those errors in the future. You have to notice that we don't ban any user immediately. We give him a time to adjust his receiver, settings, etc.
VU+Zero. 13E, 82.5E, 56E, Vip All, OpenPLI 6.0 image, OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn. ALL POSTS WITHOUT SIGNATURE AND LOG-FILE will be ignored and deleted!1.mg_cfg here http://www.cardsharing.cc/index.php?topic=23717.msg58140#msg58140

pimpf1

• Пользователь
« Ответ #4 : 13 Декабря 2014, 19:30:00 »
Thank you suma, I certainly understand your point.

I just updated my firmware to the latest one but there still are no settings to adjust KeepAlive requests. It seems that I have no other choice but to get a new, different receiver, which is quite awkward for me as the one I am using now works just fine (from my point of view).

My subscription runs out in 2 months and I planned to extend it for another year, but now I might be reluctant to do so.

Is the KeepAlive requests issue really that important? I mean, how great is the possibility that I get banned for that?

Thank you.
VIP Poland, Openbox V8S

suma

• Ветеран
  • Keep trying!
« Ответ #5 : 13 Декабря 2014, 19:42:39 »
KeepAlive settings are adjusted in the newcamd.list of linux-based receivers.
Linux receivers are actually computers that understand the settings added to their config files.
Nobody will tell you exactly - when it may happen. Maybe, never, maybe - tomorrow.
If you used our service for 1 year and never been banned, maybe you will be lucky and will continue watching with these notifications. But server is only warns. If you don't amend your settings once, twice, 3 times - server will forgive you. But maybe one day, it will give you a ban and you will need to find other server (or other receiver)... So, take decision by yourself - what is better.

fantastic

• Пользователь
« Ответ #6 : 16 Декабря 2014, 17:51:12 »
I am running opticum 406p too and I have found out that there is only 1 solution for this problem. Use only 1 connection to 1 server because there is no chance to change keepalive parameter for this receiver. If receiver is connected to 2 servers - 1 of them is used for decoding but the other is keeping alive in too short loops. So deactivate connection to second server and receiver will not send keep alive requests to it. And there will not be any violation of rules.
The same is with local card. If you are running connection to server and you have local card in receiver there is the same problem. While you are watching a TV channel decoded with local card, receiver is keeping alive the connection to server although you have only 1 server set. The second decoding option is keeping alive during using the first one and you are not able to change it as this receiver is not linux-based and you can not put config file into it.
It is a complitated situation because opticum receivers (403 and 406) are well usable for this service but not for comfortable using with 2 server-connection or 1card+1-2-CC servers  as no chance to adjust their settings. :(
Opticum HD X406p (fw: V1.09.8977)

pimpf1

• Пользователь
« Ответ #7 : 16 Декабря 2014, 20:34:26 »
Thanks a lot for your reply, things might be a bit clearer now. Unfortunately this does not resolve my problem as I am on VIP packet which comes with 2 servers 4 ports each , 8 connections altogether - all connections requaired to keep all channels open.
VIP Poland, Openbox V8S